Student Computing Support
The Student Computing Support desk provides phone and e-mail support to students with computer problems during regular business hours Monday thru Friday. Walk‐in technical support is available to students with laptops. If students have any computer related questions, this is the place to start.
Contact Student Computing Support Services
Hours of Operation:
Student Support Desk Services include:
- Assistance to students using the learning management system, OAKS
- Advice and guidance to students regarding spyware/virus issues and prevention as well as spyware/virus removal and repair
- Assistance with the College wireless network
- Troubleshooting and computer diagnostics for student laptops
- Assistance with student email problems
- Assistance to students using the Addlestone computer lab
- Access to security information and downloads: blogs.cofc.edu/scs/security/
- Answers to computer technology questions regarding systems in use on campus
NOTE: Student Support Services does not provide hardware repair.
Computer Purchase Discount
The College of Charleston offers discounted computer purchases through Dell. Apple offers a standard 10% educational discount. All CofC students, faculty, and staff are eligible. Dell offers a 20% discount on recommended Latitude laptop models. Other Dell computer models may be discounted 10-12%.
Laptop Checkout Program
Student Computing Support has a limited number of laptops available to students for use in Addlestone Library. Students can go to the Circulation Desk in the Addlestone Library and ask to check one out. All laptops have Microsoft Office and wireless capability.
Camcorder Checkout Program
Student Computing Support (SCS) has several digital camcorders available to students who want to make videos for class projects, student organization events, etc. Camcorders are checked out for a 24-hour period. Students check these out at the circulation desk in the library.
Student Technology Center
The Student Technology Center (STC), located in Room 136 in the Addlestone Library, is dedicated to high end video/audio/photo editing. It is equipped with two high‐end workstations and professional grade software. Students can make a reservation to use the STC at the Circulation Desk in the Addlestone Library.