Email for Current Students
Cmail is the College's student e-mail system powered by Google. If you are still using email with Edisto in the address, make the switch to Cmail today. Sign in to MyCharleston and look on the Academic Services tab for more information.
Email for Future Students
All College of Charleston applicants who have paid their tuition deposit with intent to enroll at the College of Charleston have a @g.cofc.edu email account that is accessible through mail.g.cofc.edu. Your Cmail account is used by the College to contact students with vital information, such as Financial Aid and class registration dates.
Through the College’s partnership with Google, students also gain access to Google Apps, Google’s set of hosted and customizable communications solutions. All services are hosted by Google and are available to users via any internet-connected computer and many mobile devices. Google Apps standard features include the following.
- Cmail - More than 7 GB of email storage and search tools that help students find information fast and instant messaging from right inside their accounts.
- Google Calendar – Students can organize their schedules and share events and calendars with others.
- Google Docs – Share documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Collaborate in real-time with your team or with your whole school.
- Google Groups – allows users to create discussion groups based on common interests.
- Google Sites – Work together to keep related documents, web content and other information in one place, on one site.
- Google Talk – Students can call or send instant messages to their contacts for free anytime, anywhere in the world.
- Google+ – Google+ makes connecting on the web more like connecting in the real world. Share your thoughts, links and photos with the right circles. Use easy, spontaneous video chat to strike up conversations with as many as nine people at once.
In addition to the standard services available, Google Apps users can also access additional Google products, like You Tube, Blogger, Google Books, and Google Reader.